Account Name : Med-Art Limited
Bank : Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Account No. : 004-808-289052-001
- confirm payment details with banks in respect of donations made by you to Med-Art Limited;
- provide you with receipts and payment confirmations in respect of donations made by you to Med-Art Limited.
The information collected about you in this form will be used by us to maintain a register of volunteers, contact you with respect to general updates, events and activities and for follow up actions with respect to your registration as a MedArt volunteer. Whilst the provision of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide sufficient contact information, we may not be able to contact you.
Personal data we collect about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party without your consent unless it is permitted or authorized by law.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have a right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. If you wish to do so, you should send your request to our data protection officer at: Med-Art Limited, China Orphan Outreach Program, Suite 631, Central Building, Pedder Street, Central, Hong Kong.
Deed of Release and Waiver of Liability
This Deed of Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Deed”) is executed by "Volunteer" in favour of Med-Art Limited (“MedArt”), a company limited by guarantee without a share capital organised and existing under the laws of Hong Kong, each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
A. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for MedArt and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer (collectively, the “Services”).
B.The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that: (i) the scope of his/her relationship with MedArt is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for Services provided by the Volunteer; (ii) MedArt will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to the Volunteer; and (iii) the Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of his/her Services to MedArt.
THIS DEED WITNESSED AS FOLLOWS:
- Waiver and Release: The Volunteer hereby releases, forever discharges, agrees not to sue and holds harmless MedArt and its successors and assigns or its officers, directors, employees, sub-contractors, sponsors, agents and affiliates from any and all liabilities, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature (including those which may be made by his/her family, estate, heirs or assigns), either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the Services provided to and/or participation in any activities with MedArt. The Volunteer further understands and acknowledges that this Deed discharges and releases MedArt from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against it with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from or occurring during the provision of his/her Services.
- Insurance: The Volunteer further understands that MedArt does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide him/her with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. The Volunteer acknowledges that MedArt does not carry or maintain health, medical or disability instance coverage for any volunteer. The Volunteer hereby expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of MedArt beyond what may be offered freely by MedArt in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by the Volunteer.
- Medical Treatment: The Volunteer hereby releases and forever discharges MedArt from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during his/her tenure as a volunteer with MedArt.
- Assumption of Risks: The Volunteer understands that his/her Services provided to and/or participation in any activities with MedArt may include activities that may be hazardous to him/her including, but not limited to, involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, the Volunteer hereby expressly assumes risk of injury or harm from these activities and releases and discharges MedArt from all liabilities.
- Photographic Release: The Volunteer hereby irrevocably grants and conveys to MedArt all rights, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of him/her or his/her likeness or voice made by and/or shared with MedArt in connection with his/her provision of Services to MedArt, including but not limited to any royalties, proceeds or other benefits derived therefrom.
- Severability: The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Deed is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of Hong Kong. If any provision (or part of a provision) of this Deed is or becomes invalid, void, unenforceable or illegal in any respect under the laws of Hong Kong, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the continuation in force of the remainder of this Deed. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted or otherwise modified, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the intents of the parties.
- Governin Law and Jurisdiction: This Deed shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. The Volunteer irrevocably agrees for the sole benefit of MedArt that, subject as provided below, the courts of Hong Kong shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Deed or its subject matter or formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims thereof). Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of MedArt to take proceedings against the Volunteer in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Deed has been hereto on the date agreed by the Volunteer.